Membership is open to all persons, male and female, that have been diagnosed with breast cancer and have completed active treatment (surgery and chemotherapy and/or radiation) and taken the necessary time to regain reasonable fitness and arm movement. A minimum of three months after treatment is normally recommended.
For your safety and the safety of all team members, it important to engage in a fitness program throughout the year, as well as with the group during the paddling season. It is advisable to consult with your health professional before making your decision to paddle.
- There are normally two time periods each season for new paddlers to experience dragon boating:
- The beginning of the paddling season, which is typically the month of May and
- The end of the paddling season, which is usually September.
- In both time periods, you will have the opportunity to decide if dragon boating is right for you.
- If you decide that you would like to be part of Busting Out, contact the club regarding membership via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your fees are paid, you will be outfitted with a race shirt as well as a paddle and life jacket for you to use as long as you are a member of Busting Out.
Rideau Canoe Club located at 804 Hog’s Back Road, Ottawa.